Physical Therapy Assistant Cover Letter
Physical Therapy Assistants promote patient health under a physical therapist’s supervision. Their clients are people who have lost motor function after an accident or because of illness or age. Specific job duties of a Physical Therapy Assistant include identifying patient issues, implementing treatment plans recommended by therapists, assisting with physical examinations, documenting patient care services, maintaining a clean working environment, monitoring patient progress, and updating their knowledge of new therapy methods.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Physical Therapy Assistant, essential job requirements include:
- Physical therapy knowledge
- Health promotion
- Compassion and a friendly personality
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Dexterity and physical fitness
- Strength and stamina
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
The Physical Therapy Assistant cover letter example provided right below demonstrates similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physical Therapy Assistant Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Physical Therapy Assistant, check out our more complete Physical Therapy Assistant Job Description.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Chening:
When I learned of your search for a new Physical Therapy Assistant to join your team, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. My proven experience assisting physical therapists in patient care, treatment management, and operational/administrative support gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your practice.
From verifying patient information and updating records to facilitating treatment plans and monitoring patient progress, my background in supporting comprehensive aspects of PT care has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to quickly connect with both patients and staff to build trusting relationships—along with my strong communication and interpersonal capabilities—position me to thrive in this challenging capacity.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Administering customized treatment plans while assisting physical therapists in performing evaluations and re-evaluations to relieve and resolve patients’ acute and chronic physical pain.
- Tracking and documenting patients’ progress and compiling patient responses throughout the course of the treatment to inform physical therapists and allow for treatment modifications and adjustments as necessary.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and organizing equipment and furniture to ensure good working order and sanitary conditions.
- Leveraging my superior organizational abilities and my empathic nature to deliver superior levels of compassion and care to patients.
With my previous experience assisting across a full range of PT functions, complemented by my dedication to providing outstanding patient care and support, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Aline J. Olson