Photojournalist Cover Letter
Photojournalists take images to cover news from all over the world. These professionals work independently or for a news agency, completing duties like setting up shots, maintaining photography equipment, applying filters and special effects, altering lighting, editing photographs, putting themselves at the right place and the right moment, and meeting given deadlines. Updating job knowledge is also important for this role.
Those interested in a Photojournalist career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their job applications and cover letters:
- Photography abilities
- Technical skills
- Stamina and perseverance
- Being able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of editing software
- Availability for travel
- Problem-solving orientation
- Attention to details and observational skills
Just beneath is visible a cover letter example for Photojournalist showcasing comparable abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Photojournalist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Lemos:
As a highly skilled, technically astute, and detail-driven Photojournalist with key experience producing top-quality photos of current events for leading daily publications, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your team in this role.
My background includes designing and setting up backgrounds, lighting, and props while leveraging specialty software equipment to drive photo shoot success. With my ability to collaborate effectively with peers, production teams, and senior managers—along with my excellent communication and time management skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit The Daily Telegraph.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Excelling as a Photojournalist for numerous daily newspapers in the Philadelphia area—encompassing both print and online products—and photographing subjects pertaining to local news, community profiles, special events, and sports.
- Demonstrating expertise in both traditional film and digital photography processes, equipment, and methods; photo evaluation and editing; and final product delivery.
- Instituting a new approach to hiring and training photographers for the Pittsburgh Globe, leading to a 28% increase in staff productivity.
- Possessing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Photojournalism, as well as proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Light Room, Aperture, and Capture 1.
- Previous internship experience for The New York Daily and Tel Aviv News.
With my keen ability to support and complete challenging photojournalism projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding service to your publication. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Dalton K. Ales