Photo Editor Cover Letter
Photo Editors improve the appearance of photos for publications such as magazines, newspapers, books, and websites. Oftentimes, these professionals have previous experience as photographers. Specific responsibilities for the role include: assigning projects to photographers, making sure daily production deadlines are met, discussing requirements with clients and managers, performing changes as needed, training junior staff members, and ordering supplies for the photo department.
A successful example cover letter for Photo Editor usually highlights the following qualifications:
- Photo editing software knowledge and computer competences
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
Comparable job skills can be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Photo Editor Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Holbrook:
As a skilled and creative professional with key experience managing all facets of photography editing tasks for reputable companies, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Photo Editor.
My background includes key experience selecting, preparing, editing, and positioning photos for both print and web publication. With my keen eye for detail and design, I excel in conceptualizing, producing, and directing photo shoots while leading high-performance freelance staff to drive project and resulting product success. With my ability to collaborate effectively with management and photographers—along with my excellent communication and organization skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing up to 35 freelance photographers in photo shoots for reputable companies—including J. Jill, Anthropologie, and Garnet Hill—while procuring and evaluating photography to ensure high-quality images.
- Selecting, editing, retouching, and positioning photographs for print and web marketing collateral, ensuring consistency and alignment of image tone with brand messaging.
- Editing raw photographs using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom; designing page layouts using Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrating success in producing high-quality creative products including brochures, magazine images, social media visual content, and general marketing materials.
With my keen ability to spearhead challenging photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch image quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jane M. Greene