Pet Sitter Cover Letter
Pet Sitters look after the pets of people who are unavailable or on vacation. They may provide their services at their own residence or at the client’s residence and usually work as independent contractors. Typical work activities of a Pet Sitter are feeding and walking pets, cleaning cages, recording noteworthy events, administering medication, providing clean water, bathing and grooming animals, providing companionship, and accompanying pets at the vet’s office for medical appointments.
Cover letter samples from our collection highlight the following skills and abilities:
- Love for animals and empathy
- Being able to interact with pets and restrain them when necessary
- Customer service orientation
- Communication and listening skills
- The ability to follow instructions
- Attention to details
- The ability to meet physical demands such as walking or lifting
- Attention to safety
Similar skills and experience are included in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Pet Sitter Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Nelson:
As a dedicated, organized and reliable professional with more than 10 years experience supervising the care of pets while their owners are away—complemented by my love of animals and my excellent experience in a volunteer capacity with regional animal shelters—I am prepared to ease your worries and give you peace of mind with regard to the wellbeing of your pets during your absence.
My background includes performing comprehensive tasks to ensure full animal care, including providing food and water, grooming pets, walking dogs, cleaning up animal waste, administering medicine, and providing general companionshiop. Additionally, I am experienced in providing daytime, evening, and/or overnight care while documenting the duties completed at each visit. I excel at prioritizing tasks while demonstrating a steadfast commitment to animal welfare excellence.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Entrusted with the security of keys to more than 115 homes over the past 10 years, conscientiously maintaining the safety and wellbeing of the pets in my care during their owners’ absences.
- Recorded all pet information, instructions, and requirements during client meetings to ensure full understanding of owner needs and expectations.
- Offered additional support in general house sitting duties, such as collecting mail, watering plants, handling trash, and turning on and off lights and security systems as needed.
- Consistently referred to other pet owners by current clients—as well as routinely requested by regular customers—due to outstanding animal care and job performance over the years.
- Assisted various animal shelters—including currently the Noah’s Ark Animal Society—with various needs such as adoption coordination, office support tasks, records management, customer service, team coordination / collaboration, and general animal care and comfort.
My skills in animal care and pet supervision, along with my positive attitude and work ethic, prepare me to excel in this capacity and provide superior pet sitting service during your absence. The chance to discuss your needs would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to meeting you and your pets soon!
Olivia N. Robb