Personal Care Worker Cover Letter
A Personal Care Worker assists disabled or elderly patients in their homes or at care facilities. Their primary responsibilities include preparing meals, housekeeping, running errands, administering medication, and providing companionship to patients.
Those seeking to work as Personal Care Workers should be able to highlight in their cover letters some of the following skills and attributes:
- physical fitness and stamina
- good interpersonal skills
- basic medical knowledge
- safety and emergency response training
- time management and ability to work independently
If you are interested in applying for a job as a Personal Care Worker, check out the example cover letter below for inspiration.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Personal Care Worker Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Strong:
I am submitting my resume for your consideration for the open position of Personal Care Worker. With more than six years of experience providing quality patient care and support, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume and provide my services to make an immediate and positive impact on your patients’ lives.
My background includes comprehensive experience providing compassionate service to disabled, ill, and elderly patients. I am skilled at balancing a full schedule, while always ensuring the highest level of quality care and compassion. I have extensive experience at facilitating medical progress while enhancing patients’ quality of life.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Providing personal hygiene, cleaning and medical care to residents of a nursing home.
- Documenting residents’ behavior in terms of mental status, sleeping and eating patterns in medical record books.
- Monitoring and assisting residents through individual service plans.
- Assisting with individual, family and group counseling sessions.
- Encouraging and helped residents in order to increase social contact.
With my years if experience, excellent care skills, and dedication to providing comprehensive and compassionate care, I will exceed your expectations as a Personal Care Worker at your facility. Please contact me to discuss further, I look forward to hearing from you.
Alvin G. Masters