Pediatric Nurse Cover Letter
Pediatric Nurses provide medical services for children of all ages in settings such clinics, hospitals, homes, or communities. This job is very demanding but also rewarding for those who like working with young children. Specific responsibilities of a Pediatric Nurse are assessing patient condition, monitoring vital signs, preparing patients for procedures, administering medication, supervising junior staff, responding to emergencies, maintaining records, and reassuring patients and relatives.
A well-written sample cover letter for Pediatric Nurse should focus on the following qualifications:
- Nursing expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Observation spirit and good listening skills
- Stamina and a good level of energy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to interact with children
- Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients and their families
- Emotional stability and being able to work under pressure
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting relevant Pediatric Nurse skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Pediatric Nurse Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Winn:
As a skilled Pediatric Nurse with extensive experience providing comprehensive services to a variety of patients ranging from birth through 21 years of age, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting pediatric patient care allows me to substantially assist Maple Falls Medical Group in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My career includes evaluating patient diagnoses, monitoring patient progress, and liaising between cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of pediatric patient care. Documenting patient histories, checking vitals, and maintaining detailed patient and procedure records are just a few of many tasks at which I excel while always providing a superior level of compassionate and personable patient care to ease fears and anxiety.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Offering general pediatric nursing support during well-check and sick exams as a Pediatric Nurse at Hope Medical, consistently demonstrating a solid commitment to providing quality care in alignment with nursing philosophy, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Led initiative to introduce allergy testing and autism screening services to clinic, expanding healthcare offerings across the community and generating new revenue for Hope Medical.
- Facilitated the introduction of the Reach Out and Read program, providing books to low-income families.
- Establishing a pediatric weight-loss program incorporating incentives to encourage children to meet their weight-loss goals and improve overall health and wellness.
- Achieving a reputation for providing superior pediatric healthcare through the use of my outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
With my expertise in providing pediatric healthcare and support, I am confident I can greatly contribute to Maple Falls Medical Center in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Elaine S. Morin