PE Teacher Cover Letter
PE Teachers help students engage in physical fitness and teach them how to have a healthy lifestyle. Essential responsibilities of a PE Teacher are encouraging maximum physical activity during class, motivating students to be physically active, organizing equipment and students, planning and organizing activities that benefit all students, explaining the correct way to exercise or engage in physical activities, and monitoring children’s social interaction skills. Aside from proper exercise, PE Teachers are also expected to transmit healthy living techniques.
Schools select cover letters highlighting the following PE Teacher skills and qualifications:
- Instruction skills
- Physical fitness
- Physical education training
- A genuine interest in health and fitness
- Being able to motivate and discipline students
- Recordkeeping skills
- Attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Below is displayed a sample cover letter showcasing similar PE Teacher abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive PE Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Scarberry:
As a dedicated and enthusiastic physical health and education specialist with comprehensive experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for K-12 students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for physical education positions me to significantly impact your school as your next PE Teacher.
Gym Teachers create lesson plans that follow the state-mandated curriculum for their students. They are also responsible for the well being of their students, ensuring they have the proper safety gear and understand the rules of each activity. Skills relevant to this position and found on sample resumes include preparing a daily lesson plan for physical activities, and helping children develop healthy habits that can last for the rest of their lives. To become a Gym Teacher, applicants need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in physical education or a related area on their resumes.
Preparing daily class plans, encouraging students of all physical levels, and introducing innovative educational techniques are just a few of my areas of expertise. By teaching students in a wide range of ages and situations, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. My enthusiasm for fostering lifelong healthy habits in students has successfully developed thoughtful and health-conscious individuals.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Organizing PE activities, programs, and games to strengthen and improve students’ physical fitness and stamina as appropriate for each age group.
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a personalized approach to physical education while stimulating students’ enjoyment of exercise and appreciation for their health.
- Communicating effectively with students, teachers, parents, and peers to ensure each student’s needs are met and identify ways to improve their communication, coordination, and life skills.
- Coaching multiple sports teams and classes—including field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer—to elevate each individual’s knowledge and skills in each sport.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of physical education instruction at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Hugh P. Cabrera