Payroll Specialist Cover Letter
Payroll Specialists ensures staff compensation in a timely and precise manner using specialized software. Typical responsibilities of a Payroll Specialist include collecting information on the number of hours worked by each employee, executing pay orders, distributing paychecks, paying employee benefits, solving discrepancies, answering to questions related to payroll issues, using specialized software, delivering data to accountants at tax time, and reporting to upper management.
Well-written sample cover letters for Payroll Specialist focus on the following job skills and qualifications:
- Previous payroll experience
- Financial expertise
- Knowledge of payroll best practices
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Effective communication
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
Those interested in a Payroll Specialist position can check comparable experience and abilities in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Payroll Specialist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Flores:
As a skilled and efficient professional with more than 12 years of experience in organizing and executing payroll processing and distribution functions, I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your organization as your next Payroll Specialist.
My experience in payroll administration—including information and records management, auditing, issue resolution, project management, and process improvement—has prepared me to make a significant contribution to your company. With a background encompasses a broad range of payroll functions, I have continually made significant contributions to optimizing departmental efficiency and productivity while excelling within team-oriented environments.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully managing multi-state payroll processing and distribution responsibilities for more than 750 employees in California and Florida while overseeing system audits, resolving staff inquiries and concerns, and ensuring thorough employee understanding of policies and procedures.
- Spearheading all aspects of open enrollment and serving as a subject matter expert on benefits, payroll, and general HR-related questions.
- Dramatically improving efficiency while reducing operating costs by 27% by serving as Lead Project Manager in the transition from Paycheck to ADP payroll system.
- Playing a pivotal role as a key contributor to the 401K and health insurance benefit provider negotiation and selection process.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while training and motivating top-performing teams; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MSA, PeopleSoft, Lotus Notes, ADP, and Kronos.
With my finely honed skills in payroll processing, communication, and organization, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Taryn W. Smith