Payroll Assistant Cover Letter
Payroll Assistants perform various tasks intended to facilitate accurate and timely payroll processing and distribution. Typical activities performed in this position include collecting and analyzing data, resolving discrepancies, preparing reports and assisting with audits. Strong technical aptitude with proficiency in payroll software programs is highly beneficial for this role, as well as strengths in accounting, problem-solving and staff communication.
Our compilation of sample resumes for Payroll Assistants shows the following types of abilities and qualifications to be influential:
- Processing and distribution
- Compensation delivery
- Report analysis and generation
- Audit facilitation and support
- Troubleshooting/issue resolution
- Time and attendance tracking/documentation
- Union relations/contracts
- Tax forms/support
Below, find a cover letter for a Payroll Assistant including relevant skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Payroll Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Sanchez:
As a skilled and driven professional with more than five years of experience facilitating payroll processing and distribution, I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your organization as your next Payroll Assistant.
My experience in assisting with multi-state payroll administration – including system auditing, troubleshooting and issue resolution, and process improvement – has prepared me to make a significant contribution to your HR team at Orange Cosmos. With a background encompassing a broad range of payroll, compensation, and benefit functions, I have continually made significant contributions to optimizing departmental efficiency and productivity while excelling within a team-oriented environment.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Successfully supporting payroll processing and distribution responsibilities—including adjustments and time/attendance inquiries—for more than 400 employees while coordinating system audits, resolving staff inquiries and concerns and ensuring comprehensive employee understanding of policies and procedures.
- Preparing and producing detailed payroll reports by compiling summaries of personnel earnings, taxes, deductions, leaves, disability wages, and nontaxable wages.
- Reviewing and interpreting union contract provisions, ensuring the accuracy of payroll entries regarding time and attendance.
- Compiling payroll registers, W-2s, and quarterly tax reports as requested for audits.
- Demonstrating expertise in HRIS functions; playing a key role in facilitating software system conversions and upgrades to achieve improved performance.
- Communicating effectively with all levels of organizational teams to optimize departmental operations and corporate performance.
- Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, ADP, and Lawson.
With my finely honed skills in payroll processing, communication, and organization, I am well positioned to surpass your expectations for this role. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Frances G. Wightman