Payroll Administrator Cover Letter
Payroll Administrators have the main responsibility of making sure people are paid in an accurate and timely manner. They can work in-house in a company’s accounts team, or they can be employed by payroll bureaus providing payroll services to other organizations. Common work activities of a Payroll Administrator include implementing payroll procedures, keeping track of the number of hours people have worked, maintaining employee records, deducing tax and insurance payments, calculating overtime and pay increases, and completing various tax forms.
Those interested in a Payroll Administrator position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency
- Effective communication
- Time management and being able to meet strict deadlines
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting comparable Payroll Administrator qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Payroll Administrator Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Payroll Administrator, check out our more complete Payroll Administrator Job Description.
Dear Mr. Bess:
As a skilled and driven professional with more than 12 years of experience in organizing and managing payroll / compensation processing and distribution, I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your company as your next Payroll Administrator.
My experience in multi-location corporate payroll administration—including reporting, benefits processing, garnishment, and process improvement—has prepared me to make a significant contribution to Briarwood. With a background encompassing a range of payroll, compensation, and benefit functions, I have continually made significant contributions to optimizing departmental efficiency and productivity while excelling within team-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully managing weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing and distribution tasks for 350+ employees at 14 distinct locations nationwide while driving system audits, troubleshooting and resolving staff inquiries and concerns, and ensuring comprehensive employee understanding of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating expertise in HRIS functions; facilitating software system conversions and upgrades—involving ADP, Lawson, and Report Smith—to achieve improved efficiency and performance.
- Assisting staff in learning payroll processes and systems by delivering informational presentations at new-hire orientations.
- Communicating effectively with all levels of cross-functional corporate teams to optimize departmental operations and business performance.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while training and motivating staff; supervising reporting and calculations performed by Finance Assistant.
With my expertise in payroll processing, communication, and organization, I am well positioned to vastly outperform your expectations for this role. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Sandy T. Trevino