Payroll Accountant Cover Letter
Payroll accountants process employee payments promptly and accurately, often while working in largely independent environments. Areas of strength typically include audits, general ledgers, reconciliation, benefits, payroll taxes, and expense reports. Strong technical and computer proficiencies are necessary, and expertise in math and basic accounting is required.
Strong cover letters from payroll accountants reveal the following skills and experience are beneficial to success in this position:
- Payroll processing and distribution
- Domestic and international employee payments
- Payroll taxes and documents
- Comprehensive system audits
- Account reconciliation
- General ledger maintenance
- Employee issue support and resolution
- Process and procedure improvement
- Cost reduction and efficiency
- Analytical and communication skills
Below is a sample cover letter with comparable qualifications and abilities noted.
Dear Mr. Leal:
As a skilled and efficient professional with more than 13 years of experience organizing and executing payroll processing and distribution, I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude valuable to your organization as your next payroll accountant.
My experience in multistate payroll administration – including system auditing, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation, troubleshooting, and issue resolution – has prepared me to make a significant contribution to Palette Technologies. With a background encompassing a broad range of payroll functions, I have continually made significant contributions to optimizing departmental efficiency and productivity while excelling within team-oriented environments.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Successfully managed biweekly and monthly payroll processing and distribution for more than 1,600 domestic and international employees while driving system audits, resolving staff inquiries and concerns, and ensuring comprehensive employee understanding of policies and procedures
- Prepared payroll taxes in compliance with local, state, and federal tax laws and regulations
- Played a key role in reducing operating costs by 28% through proactive attention to efficient payroll processes and a decrease in manual check production
- Selected to train and mentor new payroll clerks in basic payroll operations
- Responded to and resolved employee questions and concerns pertaining to their pay, expense reports, and taxes
- Facilitated the conversion of ADP to a new in-house system, improving productivity and cost efficiency
- Earned a bachelor of science in accounting from the University of Missouri; graduated summa cum laude
With my finely honed skills in payroll processing, communication, and organization, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations as your next payroll accountant. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kelly C. Gonzalez