Patient Service Representative Cover Letter
Patient Service Representatives provide assistance and support to patients throughout all treatment phases. The first step these professionals need to take is interviewing patients and identifying their needs. Other job duties include explaining medical procedures, referring patients to medical services, maintaining patient information confidentiality, filling out health care documents and insurance forms, performing research and verifying information, preventing liability, and finding ways to improve health care services. Patient Service Representatives are prohibited from giving medical diagnoses or dispensing treatment.
A successful sample cover letter for Patient Service Representative should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- An approachable and friendly manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Recordkeeping skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Medical teamwork
- Computer competences
Comparable Patient Service Representative assets are visible in the example cover letter just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Patient Service Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Rogers:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced Patient Service Representative to join your team at Meadow Hill Medical Center, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume for your consideration. My background in supporting patients throughout all phases of medical care and treatment positions me to substantially assist your organization in meeting—and surpassing—its healthcare goals.
From evaluating patient needs and explaining medical procedures to recommending community resources and coordinating insurance coverage, my experience spans 13+ years of excellent experience in coordinating patient treatments and ensuring a superior level of patient care. With my proven dedication to providing the highest quality of patient service, I excel at efficiently managing patient registration, referrals, and inquiries in a compassionate and supportive manner to enhance patient satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions, terms, and services to assist in delivering medication guidelines, treatment plans, and financial policies to patients while ensuring strict adherence to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Communicating between doctors, pharmacists, and laboratory staff to ensure full understanding of patient treatment plans and facilitate conversations and educational efforts with patients.
- Working closely with insurance companies to identify, verify, and apply coverage for patients.
- Interacting directly and empathically with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
- Receiving a Star Award in 2009 and 2013 from the University of Minnesota’s Medical Center for superior patient service and satisfaction.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Health Services in 2007, and completing formal training in medical terminology, anatomy, medical records management, and health insurance.
With my expertise in supporting care and treatment for a variety of patients, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your organization as your next Patient Service Representative. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Lorena D. Reyes