Patient Access Representative Cover Letter
Patient Access Representatives are usually employed by hospitals and are responsible for coordinating communication between medical staff, patients, and family members. These professionals play a vital role in ensuring hospital success and delivering excellent patient care. Typical job duties of a Patient Access Representative include greeting patients, performing data entry tasks, coordinating the admission process, collecting patient information, transporting patients between departments, answering to patient inquiries, and obtaining payments from patients.
A well-written cover letter sample for Patient Access Representative should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Insurance billing expertise
- Telephone etiquette
- Customer service orientation
- Emotional stability and empathy
- Computer competences
- Attention to details and accuracy
Just below is provided an example cover letter showcasing similar Patient Access Representative abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Patient Access Representative Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Patient Access Representative, check out our more complete Patient Access Representative Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Hancock:
When I learned of your search for a new Patient Access Representative to join your team, I was eager to present the enclosed resume for your consideration. With 12 years of experience supporting patients in scheduling, admission, and registration, I am prepared to substantially assist your organization in meeting—and exceeding—its goals.
From enrolling new patients and educating patients on facility policies to determining precertification requirements and verifying insurance coverage, my background lies in ensuring top-flight patient care and support. Complemented by my commitment to ensuring maximum efficiency and accuracy, I excel at managing patient scheduling, registration, and inquiries in a compassionate and supportive manner to enhance patient satisfaction. Furthermore, my ability to provide comprehensive administrative will render me an immediate asset to your medical office.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Coordinating ER and outpatient admission and registration functions for Horizon Medical Center in Houston, TX; documenting patient demographic and financial information, liaising with insurance companies and physician offices, verifying insurance eligibility, and collecting patient responsibility payments.
- Obtaining pre-certifications, referral numbers, or authorization numbers, and updating patients’ files accordingly.
- Notifying patients, family members, and physicians of network insurance coverage issues that could result in coverage reduction; working with patients on financial options regarding co-payments, deductibles, and/or deposits.
- Introduced a new ER admission process and intake procedure, reducing staff time and liability at Horizon Medical Center.
- Expediting patient records between multiple offices to ensure a 24-hour window of completion.
- Delivering compassionate and prompt patient service at all times, referring unresolved or escalated issues to supervisors when necessary.
- Providing overarching administrative assistance in areas such as scheduling, inventory control, records management, staff training, and day-to-day reception/front desk operations.
With my expertise in facilitating patient admission and registration, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your organization as your next Patient Access Representative. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Elizabeth D. Stanford