Parking Enforcement Officer Cover Letter
Parking enforcement officers patrol roads and parking lots to ensure that all ordinances and regulations are being followed by motorists, issuing citations whenever necessary. Typical work activities include checking and emptying meters, observing parking violations, writing citations, and explaining violations to motorists while diffusing emotional and intense encounters. Superior interpersonal skills, a high degree of stamina, and a talent for conflict resolution are all helpful for success in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Parking regulation enforcement
- Parking codes, regulations, and ordinances
- Public assistance
- Meter inspections
- Foot and vehicle patrols
- Daily logs, incident reports, and paperwork
- Conflict and issue resolution
- Issuing citations and traffic summonses
- Traffic adjudication
- Road and parking lot surveillance
- Motorist communication and education
Please find below a sample cover letter for a parking enforcement officer mentioning similar skills, experience, and qualifications.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Sydnor:
When I learned of the City of Tallahassee’s need for a parking enforcement officer, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a self-motivated and knowledgeable professional with solid experience enforcing parking regulations and observing and addressing violations, I am well positioned to meet – or exceed – your expectations for this role.
From monitoring parking areas and collecting meter monies to surveilling roads and delivering citations, I excel at providing comprehensive support to optimize parking enforcement efficiency and garner maximum profits as appropriate. Additionally, my proven ability to excel within conflict-prone situations – along with my excellent organizational and interpersonal skills – prepares me to make a significant impact on your parking enforcement team.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Excelling in traffic and parking regulatory enforcement for the past seven years for the City of Jacksonville, honing an extensive knowledge base of local and state parking codes, ordinances, and regulations, as well as general traffic adjudication procedures
- Issuing citations to enforce parking ordinances for non-moving traffic violations while explaining violations to motorists and educating them on vehicle retrieval procedures when necessary
- Meticulously maintaining daily logs of incidents, citations, and other activities during on-foot and in-vehicle patrols
- Representing the City of Jacksonville in traffic adjudication hearings pertaining to contested citations
- Demonstrating an astute ability to talk to people in intense and often charged situations, as well as an ability to work outdoors in inclement weather
With my background and skill set in parking enforcement, I am ready to provide outstanding service to the City of Tallahassee. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Jill B. White