Package Handler Cover Letter
Package handlers are in charge of safely and securely preparing packages for shipment to mitigate damage and ensure contents remain unharmed and intact during transport. Customary tasks performed in this role include assembling boxes, packaging goods, sealing containers, loading trucks, and performing cycle counts. Superior time management skills, strong physical stamina and dexterity, and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others are all helpful components to succeeding as a package handler.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Box, carton, container assembly
- Package preparation
- Product packaging and sealing
- Package weighing and scanning
- Equipment and tool operation
- Safety and compliance
- Conveyor and truck loading
- Material inventory management
- Package lifting, loading, unloading, and sliding
- Team collaboration
Following below is a sample cover letter for a package handler detailing comparable skills, abilities, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Moreno:
When I learned of Red Canyon’s need for a package handler to join its team, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a quality-focused professional with solid experience carefully packaging and preparing products and items for safe transportation to their destinations, I am well positioned to excel in this role and outperform your expectations.
From assembling containers and boxes and securing items to scanning packages and loading packages onto trucks, I am adept at performing a range of tasks to ensure damage-free packaging and transport. Furthermore, my proven success excelling within team environments – along with my excellent problem-solving and time management skills – prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling for the past four years as a package handler for Lion’s Head International, handling responsibilities encompassing package preparation, carton assembly, package weighing and scanning, load organization, and cycle counting
- Operating various equipment and machinery, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks, to transport materials and packages, resulting in streamlined operations and improved productivity and efficiency
- Complying with established protocol with regard to proper package handling and stacking to keep contents unharmed and intact
- Working collaboratively with fellow team members to organize and load packages onto conveyor belts and trucks and maintain a clean, safe environment
- Excelling within fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks
With my experience in package preparation and handling, combined with my inherent organizational skills and my sharp attention to detail, I am ready to provide outstanding service at Red Canyon as your next package handler. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Brian N. Matthews