Outreach Coordinator Cover Letter
Outreach Coordinators are fundraising experts employed by nonprofit organizations or medical establishments. Their role is to reach out to community members and to persuade them to participate in outreach programs. Typical responsibilities of an Outreach Coordinator are maintaining relationships with community members, planning activities, developing outreach materials, maintaining websites and social media accounts, attending meetings and conferences, training staff members and volunteers, and writing internal reports.
Employers select candidates demonstrating the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Nonprofit experience
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Persuasion and self-confidence
- Analytical thinking
- Organization and planning
- Presentation abilities
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving orientation
Comparable job assets are visible in the sample cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Outreach Coordinator Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Alvarez:
When I learned of your need for an Outreach Coordinator to come on board at the Latina Women’s Health Heritage, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my related skills gained from my professional experience, as well as my commitment to effective communication and team collaboration, I am confident that I would uniquely benefit your organization.
From organizing activities and providing administrative support to building solid relationships and balancing multiple priorities, my background has prepared me to excel in this capacity. My ability to strategically plan for and achieve program goals—along with my dedication to advancing women’s health within underserved Latina communities—positions me to thrive in this challenging role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Thriving as a Coordinator with the on-campus unit of the Virginia Hispanic Women’s Health Program, connecting with local community organizations, medical facilities, and physicians to coordinate campus health events/fairs, elevate student awareness, and promote involvement and participation to heighten the program’s visibility and student engagement.
- Writing and securing a $4.3K grant from the state of Virginia to promote gynecological and family planning support on Virginia State University’s campus for Latina students; conducting outreach visits to local medical offices to pitch program benefits and persuade physicians to pledge their involvement and on-site support.
- Achieving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Virginia State University, earning inclusion on the Dean’s List in recognition of outstanding academic performance.
- Preparing to leverage exceptional communication and interpersonal talents to achieve dynamic organizational and program success.
- Utilizing superior team leadership and motivational skills to propel projects and teams to peak results.
With my multicultural awareness and my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your next Outreach Coordinator. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Kendra T. Rodriguez