Operations Manager Cover Letter
Operations Managers supervise the internal operations of a company or organization. Normal responsibilities expected for this role include process development and implementation, staff hiring and deployment, and risk mitigation. Qualified applicants should demonstrate superior time management and problem-solving abilities, as well as excellent communication and leadership talents.
Our collection of cover letters for an Operations Manager indicates the following types of skills and strengths to be important to include:
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Process improvement/change management
- Facility/warehouse management
- Risk assessment and management
- Profit and loss/budgeting
- Staff hiring, coaching, training
- Resource and staff allocation
- Capacity planning
Please find a sample cover letter for an Operations Manager below, highlighting similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Operations Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Hill:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Operations Manager position you have available. As a highly skilled and successful professional with extensive career experience in facility operations, maintenance and productivity, I possess a range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully developing and implementing strategic processes, forward-thinking procedures, and optimal staff deployments to maximize operational productivity and efficiency. Through my experience, I have become adept at leading all aspects of risk management and streamlining operational processes, as well as driving warehousing, sales, and profit and loss functions. Additionally, my established success in building, supervising and mentoring teams positions me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Conceptualizing and implementing strategic operational initiatives to propel the achievement of corporate goals and objectives, maximize profit margins, and realize multimillion-dollar revenues; managing resource allocation, process redesigns and capacity plans.
- Directing all aspects of staff management—including recruitment, training, and coaching—to encourage progressive professional development and stimulate top-flight team performance.
- Realizing consistent improvements in operational productivity, efficiency, and performance through dynamic analytical, problem-solving and communication abilities.
My proven dedication to optimizing operational success and workforce management, along with my sharp business acumen and my commitment to performance excellence, will contribute immensely to the success of Coliseum, Inc. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Barry H. Brady