Operations Manager Cover Letter
Operations Managers, or Business Operations Managers, supervise and coordinate the affairs of companies and other organizations. Their responsibilities may include handling duties ranging from training new hires to preparing department initiatives.
It is important for your cover letter to adequately highlight your prior experiences and current skills, as that will be the first thing a potential future employer will see when they are getting to know who you are as a candidate. A great cover letter can mean the difference between getting the job and being passed over.
Job descriptions for Operations Manager roles highlight such relevant responsibilities as:
- Interacting with clients to answer their questions and ensure their satisfaction with our performance
- Making periodical reports and submitting them to management to ensure contract satisfaction and performance
- Working closely with supervisors to make sure that the job is performed as scheduled
- Reporting weekly hours to the payroll department.
An example cover letter of an Operations Manager which adequately displays the candidate’s skills and experiences which are relevant to the position appear below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Operations Manager resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Reginald Coleman:
I am an accomplished leader offering over 14 years of proven experience developing and implementing operational strategies and tactics that consistently surpass objectives. With proven experience guiding teams through complex mergers and acquisitions, as well as turning around under-performing areas, I am a dynamic and innovative executive manager. Talented at positioning product/service offerings that drive revenue and profitability to their maximum potential, I am naturally adept at managing change, either organizational growth or contraction, corporate restructuring, process re-engineering, and corporate communications.
An instinctive professional with the ability to create, clearly communicate and build consensus in the sharing of a high level business vision, I am now seeking the opportunity to join an organization such as yours as Operations Manager.
Simply stated, I offer an unmatched array of experiences and achievements, including:
- Maximized staff productivity, quality and client satisfaction through office restructuring and downsizing.
- Transferred 100+ clients from Boston teams within target timeframe. Developed communication plans and collaborated with cross functional teams to ensure business continuity with no client losses.
- Organized teams and led planning for a large corporate merger, site location downsizing, corporate culture change and integration with competitor.
- Selected by CEO to facilitate “Core” process groups in order to capture, analyze, and monitor quality issues.
- Implemented new work flows in 80% of departments. Revised QA and process documentation.
I am a resourceful problem solver and team organizer with the ability to aggressively drive customer focused strategies in an efficient and profitable manner. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and offerings, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.