Office Receptionist Cover Letter
Office Receptionists work at the front desk of various organizations and are mainly responsible for greeting and directing visitors. Other duties of an Office Receptionist include answering to phone calls, providing basic information, handling correspondence, receiving shipments, providing administrative support, implementing security procedures, updating appointment calendars, operating office equipment, photocopying documents, and maintaining the reception area clean and organized.
A well-written cover letter sample for Office Receptionist usually mentions the following skills and qualifications:
- Front desk operations experience
- Organization and planning
- Professional appearance
- Effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer competences and fast typing skills
Candidates interested in an Office Receptionist job can check similar abilities and experience in the cover letter sample provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Mooney:
Upon learning of your posting for a new Office Receptionist, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with comprehensive reception and general administrative support experience, along with exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes greeting customers as their first point of contact while providing comprehensive front office support to maximize efficiency and productivity. From handling multi-line phone systems and screening/forwarding calls to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, and adhering to internal processes and procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Greeting customers upon their arrival, determining the purpose of their visit and directing and/or escorting them to specific destinations.
- Performing diverse reception and administrative tasks—including phone coverage, appointment setting, correspondence, record maintenance, invoicing, and supply orders—while ensuring optimal efficiency.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to providing excellent support within fast-paced, customer-facing environments while streamlining operations and achieving company success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, time management, and communication skills.
My skills in front desk reception and general administration position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Kathleen W. Johnson