Nursery Nurse Cover Letter
Nursery Nurses take care of newborn babies, up to one month, after birth. Their day-to-day duties include monitoring babies’ vital signs, ordering diagnostic tests and interpreting results, and helping new mothers care for their newborns. Most Nursery Nurses take care of babies only in the birthing unit of a hospital, but some nurses continue to provide care at patient’s homes or healthcare institutions.
Successful cover letters for Nursery Nurses usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- ASN or BSN and a Registered Nurse
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Attention to details
- Critical thinking skills and ability to react quickly when necessary
See how similar abilities have been highlighted in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nursery Nurse Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Finkle:
I am submitting my resume for the advertised position of Nursery Nurse at Greenville Regional Hospital. I am an RN with over three years of experience in obstetrics, and a passion for caring for new babies and their mothers.
In my current position as Nursery Nurse at Blessed Sacrament Hospital, I provide care to the infants in the nursery and rooming-in with mothers to ensure all are healthy and happy. I check vital signs, assist with bathing and feeding when the mother is unable to do so, and administer medication as required.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Assessed and determined condition of postpartum patients, and initiated and administered appropriate interventions for quality care.
- Assessed, intervened, and documented problems to ensure wellness for mothers and infants.
- Educated new mothers and assisted them in caring for their babies
- Acted as Relief Charge Nurse
- Coordinated collaborative care plans between hospital staff and parents to ensure positive patient care outcomes.
With my education and these experiences, I am in an excellent position to bring quality care to the youngest patients at Greenville Hospital. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.