NP Cover Letter
NPs or Nurse Practitioners provide patient care in a particular area such as surgery or pediatrics; these healthcare professionals have higher training and education in their specialty compared to other registered nurses. Essential work activities of an NP are: diagnosing conditions, ordering diagnostic tests, writing prescriptions, educating patients and teaching them how to manage their condition, informing patients on medication side effects, conducting check-ups, and working closely with physicians.
A well-written sample cover letter for NP demonstrates the following abilities:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Excellent observational skills
- Bedside manners and a caring personality
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work under pressure
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Recordkeeping and computer literacy
Comparable skills and qualifications for an NP are visible in the example cover letter displayed beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive NP Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Berkowitz:
With more than 15 years of experience providing patient care and exceptional treatment, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a new NP. I am confident that my skills and background will allow me to greatly benefit your medical center.
My expertise lies in providing high-level patient service and compassionate care within various environments including internal medicine, pediatrics, and acute care facilities. From conducting check-ups and ordering lab tests to prescribing medication and determining appropriate treatments, I am adept at coordinating multiple medical services to ensure the highest level of quality care. In addition, I excel at diagnosing and treating diverse conditions, driving disease and illness prevention, and educating patients and family members to ensure optimal ongoing care.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Spearheading a full range of nursing responsibilities, including patient histories and assessments, medication administration, testing, referrals, insurance authorizations, confidential records management, policy development, and general administrative support.
- Conducting initial primary, secondary, and tertiary surveys on patients with single or multisystem injuries while overseeing patient care throughout hospitalization, from admission to discharge.
- Performing minor procedures such as suturing and chest tube / drain insertion and/or pulling.
- Training and supervising high-performance nursing teams, leveraging excellent communication and leadership skills to create solid working relationships and improve overall patient care.
- Collaborating with physicians and ancillary services to ensure appropriate patient services.
- Infusing my energy and enthusiasm for healthy living into the lives of my patients.
With my vast knowledge and experience, I am well positioned to enhance patient care at your facility. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, along with my qualifications, with you soon. In the interim, thank you for your consideration.
Jesenia J. Hatch, RN