Night Auditor Cover Letter
Night Auditors work at the front desk of a hotel during the night shift. These employees handle pretty much the same jobs as staff working during the day, such as greeting guests, maintaining financial records, processing payments, filing reservations, completing check-in and check-out procedures, tracking revenues, solving guest complaints, and handling any emergencies that may arise.
Based on our selection of example Night Auditor cover letters, essential job requirements include:
- Hotel front desk experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Organization and planning
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of a foreign language at a conversational level (optional)
- Computer competences
Comparable job skills for a Night Auditor can be seen in the sample cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Night Auditor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Potter:
Upon discovering Redbrook Hotel’s posting for a Night Auditor, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and analytical professional with more than 8 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your goals and objectives in this position.
My experience includes performing close-of-day operations and accounts receivable responsibilities for high-volume hotels while maintaining a sharp focus on accuracy and efficiency. With a complementary ability to implement new processes and procedures to improve internal functions and productivity, I have consistently excelled in driving profit and annual revenue increases through cost containment and guest service excellence.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Balancing daily transactions, transmitting bank deposits, and producing and distributing daily income reports as a Night Desk Manager and Auditor for Doubletree, Homewood, and Sonata hotels in Milwaukee.
- Computerizing all aspects of night audit procedures to boost efficiency and accuracy at Homewood.
- Designing, introducing, and maintaining Lotus 123 spreadsheets for use by the night audit departments at all three hotels (where previously none existed).
- Promoted to Night Auditor from previous position as Night Desk Clerk at Doubletree due to superior accounting and reporting abilities; generated daily reports to help the hotel increase profits and reduce costs.
- Managed guest services—including reservations, requests, and issue resolution—during the overnight work shifts, ensuring a consistently excellent guest experience.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, detail-oriented, and customer-centric environments.
My skills in operational and accounting support within the hotel industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rafael B. Ranson