Music Teacher Cover Letter
Music Teachers instruct students in music theory and practice, in schools or privately. Oftentimes, Music Teachers work as directors for bands or choirs. Duties Music Teachers are usually required to perform include: teaching lessons, training students, providing instruction about musical instruments, teaching students how to sing or play instruments, creating lesson plans, developing educational programs, collaborating with other teachers, encouraging students who have musical talent to complete musical studies, and preparing students for performances.
A successful sample cover letter for Music Teacher should highlight the following qualifications:
- Musical abilities
- Teaching skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional ethics
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving orientation
- Flexibility and an interest in multiple music styles
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent stage presence
Below are presented some Music Teacher skills in a typical cover letter for this position.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Music Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Rivera:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Music Teacher, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your review. As an accomplished music instructor and conductor with more than 11 years of experience instructing students in instrumentation and general music theory, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of the your school’s objectives.
My experience lies in teaching comprehensive music lessons to middle and high school students while cultivating an environment that stimulates increasing and ongoing music appreciation. As a fervent advocate of public school music education, I possess a keen ability to coach and mentor students to successfully pursue various music-related opportunities. Along with my teaching accomplishments, I have also held prestigious professional positions, including a nine-year appointment as Music Director of the Light City Symphony Orchestra and a six-summer appointment as Music Director for the Bloomington Music Festival.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Incorporating subject expertise and vast musical repertoire into highly informative and energizing courses, supplementing in-class experiences with field trips, tours, and guest speakers.
- Developing and leading school bands in activities including routine practices, sports events, and school concerts.
- Detecting, uncovering, and encouraging music talent in students from diverse backgrounds.
- Writing and teaching lessons, assigning and grading homework, and monitoring student progress.
With my proven track record of exceptional teaching and conducting accomplishments, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
James J. Vance