Mortgage Specialist Cover Letter
Mortgage specialists contribute across all facets of the mortgage lending process, working directly with customers to identify the best mortgage products for their needs, initiating the lending process, analyzing and verifying customer information, and facilitating the processing of the loan through acceptance and closing. A firm understanding of the various mortgage loan products, industry guidelines, and compliance requirements is necessary in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Mortgage loan processing and closing
- Customer education and consultation
- Account default resolution
- Risk analysis
- Conventional, FHA, VA, and MHFA loans
- Pipeline management
- Account management
- Relationship maintenance
- Information compilation, review, verification, and accuracy
- Records management
- Due diligence
Please find below a sample cover letter for a mortgage specialist including similar skills, experience, and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Buckingham:
When I learned of Bancroft’s need for a mortgage specialist, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced loan officer/broker with expertise in consulting on and managing all aspects of the mortgage lending process while providing exceptional customer service, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
With my background in facilitating successful customer lending experiences, I have gained comprehensive experience in client education, risk analysis, documentation preparation and verification, and issue resolution. My demonstrated success in facilitating and processing successful mortgage loans, along with my commitment to ensuring optimal customer experiences, positions me to make a significant impact on Bancroft.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Achieving top-flight success in meeting – and often outperforming – company objectives, maintaining and settling at least 15 new loans each week as a mortgage specialist for Ocean City Financial for the past six years
- Originating and processing first and second mortgage loan applications for conventional, FHA, VA, and MHFA mortgage loans; managing lending document compilation, verification, and organization from inception through execution of loan transactions
- Forging and maintaining superior relationships with customers, developing referral pipelines and maintaining 100-125 loans in process at any given time
- Assisting homebuyers in comparing mortgage products and helping them to select the optimal loan to meet their unique needs and requirements
- Orchestrating scheduled closing dates with borrowers, closing agents, and reverse mortgage consultants
- Demonstrating unparalleled dedication to providing superior customer service; recognized for possessing excellent communication skills to maximize client satisfaction
With my experience in performing comprehensive mortgage loan processing functions, combined with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service as a mortgage specialist at Bancroft. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sara Z. Kennedy