Middle School Teacher Cover Letter
Middle School Teachers provide instruction to students aged 11 to 13. Essential job duties of a Middle School Teacher are planning lessons, preparing materials, grading tests, giving assignments, motivating and disciplining students, enforcing classroom rules, explaining concepts from various areas such as geography or history, helping students to prepare for exams, tracking attendance, reporting to school managers and parents, and joining students during trips or activities outside the school.
Those interested in a Middle School Teacher career should be able to demonstrate the following job skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Instruction skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Time management
- Computer competences
- Reporting skills
Below is displayed a sample cover letter for Middle School Teacher emphasizing similar abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Middle School Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Stewart:
As a dedicated and skilled history teacher with nine years of excellent experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for middle grade students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. My background and passion for education positions me to significantly impact your school as your next Middle School Teacher.
Curriculum development, classroom management, targeted learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel. Throughout my experience, I have honed my communication and creativity skills to help engage and motivate students in grades 6-8 in the subject of history. Furthermore, I have earned a reputation in my previous position as an engaged and committed contributor to the overall school community, leading field trips, chaperoning special events, and coordinating all-school programs and initiatives to foster a cohesive and enthusiastic student body.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Creating customized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning.
- Using “outside-the-box” materials—including novels, films, and online learning tools—to spark student interest in history and encourage big-picture thinking, along with applying historical events and lessons to current-day politics and events.
- Efficiently handling general teaching responsibilities—such as assigning homework, grading tests, and organizing classroom activities—while continually adapting curricula to each student’s abilities.
- Communicating effectively with students, parents, and peers and achieving standing as a disciplined and insightful educator who cultivates meaningful connections with learners and their families.
- Holding a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Vermont State College and attaining Single Subject certification.
My enthusiasm for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished young students. With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Stephanie J. Hamilton