Microbiologist Cover Letter
Microbiologists study microorganisms with the purpose of making scientific discoveries and improving our lives by exploiting these microbes. Essential job duties of a Microbiologist include identifying microorganisms, running tests, monitoring samples, creating new techniques, implementing clinical trials, collecting and analyzing samples, coordinating laboratory work, analyzing data, preparing research papers, and updating their knowledge of scientific developments.
Successful sample cover letters for Microbiologist usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Training in biology or biomedical sciences
- Research abilities
- Observational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Perseverance and patience
• A methodical approach to work
Similar abilities can be seen in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Microbiologist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Pedigo:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Microbiologist. As a skilled and highly educated professional with 11 years of experience ensuring top-flight quality control and regulatory compliance while performing various microbial testing and validation projects, I am confident of my ability to make a significant contribution to your organization.
My professional experience includes managing day-to-day laboratory activities and overseeing quality assurance functions to ensure the achievement of highly accurate results. With my educational background and my dedication to optimizing lab operations through superior management and team leadership skills, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at Reinhalt Laboratories.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Progressed through consecutive positions as a QC Microbiology Supervisor, overseeing laboratory operations, compliance, data review / approval, OOS investigations, root cause analyses, and project coordination while directing a high-performance laboratory team in ensuring the safety and quality of food, water, and cosmetic products.
- Managed microbiological testing and validation functions such as MLT, PET, container closure integrity, D- value study, bioburden, LAL testing, environmental monitoring, microbial identification, sterility testing, water conductivity, bacterial endotoxin testing, TOC, and growth promotion testing.
- Maintained laboratory integrity and quality by introducing and enforcing mandatory weekly cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Wrote and updated lab SOPs, audited production GMPs, and reviewed HACCP programs.
- Demonstrated a consistently solid work ethic and sense of personal responsibility throughout my professional and educational tenures.
- Awarded a Master of Science in Biology with Honors from Yale University.
My keen knowledge of microbiology testing, review, and validation—along with my ability to effectively lead all facets of laboratory operations—will allow me to help continue and expand the success of your organization. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rebecca P. Buckner