Medical Writer Cover Letter
Medical Writers produce medical texts for a variety of clients, such as pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, and medical device manufacturers. Typical work responsibilities of a Medical Writer are helping doctors to write research articles, producing educational materials, writing press releases, writing web content for government organizations, translating drug trial results, writing advertising copy for medical products, and preparing presentations.
Job requirements usually seen on a Medical Writer cover letter are:
- Medical training
- English proficiency
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent research skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Promotion skills for those who are self-employed
- Computer competences and word processing skills
Just below is provided a cover letter example presenting similar Medical Writer skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Writer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Medical Writer, check out our more complete Medical Writer Job Description.
Dear Mr. Harris:
When I learned of your need for a Medical Writer to join your staff, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My education and background in scientific and medical research, writing, and publication gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
With my 11 years of solid experience evaluating complex medical studies and publishing detailed reports and articles, my background in medicine—coupled with my outstanding writing and editorial skills—has prepared me to excel in this capacity. My demonstrated record of excellence producing materials such as presentations, journal abstracts, news releases, and marketing copy positions me to thrive in this challenging role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Preparing research documents, articles, and manuscripts on a wide variety of medical topics, providing outstanding writing services to a network of biotech firms, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare providers; adept at ensuring relatable, approachable language for non-scientific audiences.
- Writing, editing, and publishing regulatory protocols, patient narratives, investigational plans, and clinical study reports in research areas such as pharmaceutical, surgical, and neurology.
- Liaising with academics and key opinion leaders to develop optimal publications strategies and carry out written deliverables.
- Serving as the chief medical editor for Novartis’ Publishing Endeavors in 2009 and 2010.
With my top-flight experience in the medical writing field, complemented by my broad familiar with diverse medical terminology and my meticulous attention to detail, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in more detail would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration.
Diane D. Williams