Medical Office Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Office Receptionists work at the front desk area of hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Typical job duties of a Medical Office Receptionist include scheduling appointments, maintaining records, welcoming patients, taking phone calls, answering to inquiries, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, facilitating medical procedures, providing treatment information, filing patient records, ordering supplies, and providing support to patients in distress.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Medical Office Receptionist, essential skills and qualifications for the job are:
- Telephone skills
- Being able to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Quality focus
- Computer competences
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting similar Medical Office Receptionist abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Office Receptionist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. King:
Upon learning of your posting for a new Medical Office Receptionist, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and patient-centric professional with comprehensive reception and general administrative support experience, along with exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your practice’s objectives.
My background includes providing key office support while maximizing productivity and efficiency. From managing multi-line phone systems and sending/receiving faxes to scheduling appointments and gathering information from patients upon their arrival, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with medical staff, and ensuring a superior level of patient care and service.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Serving as the first point of contact for patients at the front desk of a large 10-provider family practice; answering incoming calls, scheduling with Micro MD, confirming appointments, greeting patients, transferring data to other facilities, collecting payments, and verifying insurance coverage.
- Performing diverse administrative responsibilities—including correspondence, records management, and patient charting—while ensuring optimal efficiency, confidentiality, and office performance.
- Providing consistently outstanding patient service, leading to high levels of satisfaction and loyalty.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing excellent support within fast-paced environments while streamlining operations and facilitating medical practice success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization, problem solving, and communication skills.
My skills in medical reception and general administration position me to excel in this role. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
June H. Cole