Medical Office Manager Cover Letter
Medical Office Managers are in charge for the smooth running of a medical facility. Their main areas of responsibility are daily operations, staffing, and budgeting. Key responsibilities of a Medical Office Manager are monitoring budgets and expenses, ordering office and medical supplies, recruiting and hiring staff, assisting physicians and nurses, maintaining records, offering informative and promotional material to patients, and making sure the facility is clean and organized.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following qualities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Healthcare administration training
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Organization and planning
- Time management and work prioritization
- Discretion and integrity
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Being able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation
- Customer service skills
- Computer competences
Relevant job skills and experience can also be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Office Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Adkins:
As a highly skilled and enthusiastic professional with more than 12 years of experience managing all facets of operations in patient-centric medical offices, I am certain to add immense value as your next Medical Office Manager. With this in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume outlining my credentials and demonstrating my ability to excel in this position.
Through success in overseeing HR, budgeting, supply management, and patient service—as well as developing and leading productive and efficient office staff—I am more than prepared to meet, or exceed, Olive Branch Medical’s goals. In my most recent position as the Office Manager for Brookdale Medical Center, I adeptly managed day-to-day office operations and staff while simultaneously delivering outstanding patient experiences. My complementary skills in records management, scheduling, and forecasting position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Managing a full range of operational responsibilities with Brookdale Medical Center, a high-volume general medical practice serving upwards of 55 patients each day and comprising 7 physicians, 13 RNs, 11 LPNs, and 9 NPs.
- Administered and planned $1.2M annual office budget, working closely with physicians and fellow administrators to achieve optimal productivity and practice growth.
- Recruiting, hiring, evaluating, and directing high-performance staff while providing continuing education and professional development opportunities to stimulate increases in skill sets and morale.
- History of success recommending office initiatives and improved procedures to maximize productivity and boost patient satisfaction.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management from Texas State University (expected to achieve in 2017).
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with and lead other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a strong asset to your office, and I look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Nathan L. Armstrong