Medical Lab Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Lab Assistants are responsible for analyzing specimens like blood and urine to help physicians determine diagnosis. Typical work duties of a Medical Lab Assistant are collecting and processing specimens, carrying out basic laboratory procedures, mixing chemical solutions, ordering and storing supplies, adhering to infection control protocols, preparing patients for procedures, updating records, planting microbiology specimens, performing phlebotomy, and using equipment such as centrifuges or microscopes.
A well-written cover letter sample for Medical Lab Assistant should mention skills and qualifications like:
- Medical technology training
- Knowledge of laboratory operations
- Attention to details and accuracy
- A meticulous approach to work
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
- Time management
Similar skills and abilities can be seen in cover letter example provided just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Lab Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Day:
When I heard of your search for a new Medical Lab Assistant, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. With seven years of strong experience collecting and processing lab specimens for clinics, hospitals, and private labs, I have the knowledge and experience to enable me to contribute toward the success of your team at Cordova Laboratories.
Through my experience, I have become adept at preparing samples, utilizing lab machinery, analyzing specimens, and recording resulting data for physician review and interpretation. Fortified by my comprehensive education in life sciences, I possess an extensive knowledge and understanding of diverse laboratory equipment, instruments, and hands-on techniques, as well as the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of testing.
The following qualifications demonstrate my ability to excel in this position:
- Collecting blood, urine, or tissue samples from patients and processing specimens while prioritizing requests for bench, microscopic, clinical, and various additional testing from multiple departments.
- Mastering a broad range of laboratory techniques and instruments, including cell cultures, IR spectrometer, aseptic techniques, dissections and whole mounts, protein assays, chromatography, distillation, and titration.
- Amassing experience in microbiology, immunology, organic and inorganic chemistry, ecology, bioethics, and virology; earning a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry in 2009.
- Providing comprehensive operational and administrative support within busy medical labs in areas such as equipment sterilization and calibration, front desk assistance, records/data management, and inventory maintenance.
- Displaying the capacity to write clearly and concisely, as well as the ability to easily understand and carry out directions from superiors and peers.
My proven experience in specimen collection, analysis, and processing—complemented by my extensive knowledge of laboratory techniques and equipment—will translate into dedication to the work performed by your team. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Pamela C. Medlin