Medical Front Office Assistant Cover Letter
Medical front office assistants provide comprehensive administrative and reception support in healthcare offices, performing a range of tasks including answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out, preparing patient charts, verifying insurance, and collecting payments. Knowledge of various medical terminology and insurance terms is advantageous in this position. Strong communication, customer service, and organization skills are also essential.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Reception assistance
- Answering phones and greeting patients
- Insurance verification
- Copay collection
- Appointment scheduling and confirming
- Records management
- Patient charts
- Patient check-in
- Referrals and lab tests
Please find a sample cover letter for a medical front office assistant below highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Dear Ms. Kenny:
Upon learning of your search for a new front office assistant to join your team at Riverside Medical, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with a variety of administrative support experience and exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your clinic’s goals and objectives.
My background includes more than eight years of experience in front office support for busy medical offices, coordinating diverse administrative and reception tasks to drive patient satisfaction and overall office efficiency. From greeting patients and managing records to documenting patient information and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, encouraging effective communication, and improving productivity and patient support.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing a broad range of front office support activities – including scheduling appointments, answering multiline phones, checking patients in, verifying insurance, collecting copayments, and preparing charts – while adhering to internal procedures and HIPPA regulations
- Suggesting and establishing a new office filing system to streamline documents and facilitate easier and faster obtaining of patient data and charts by physicians and staff
- Contacting patients 24 hours in advance for any appointment changes and to confirm scheduled appointments, leading to improved patient satisfaction
- Demonstrating a solid knowledge of medical terminology and insurance coding
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
My skills in medical office reception, administration, and organization – along with my dynamic collaborative abilities and my positive attitude and work ethic – position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kimberly D. Brady