Medical Billing Specialist Cover Letter
Medical Billing Specialists handle medical records and payments in a healthcare facility and liaise between insurance companies and patients. Essential job functions of a Medical Billing Specialist include translating diagnoses into numerical codes, checking insurance claims, updating medical records, processing payments and solving inconsistencies.
A well-written sample cover letter for Medical Billing Specialist should mention the following job skills:
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency
- Training in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
These Medical Billing Specialist skills and duties are visible in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Billing Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Hartley:
Upon review of your posting for a Medical Billing Specialist, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience and knowledge in accounts receivable and collections, along with my knowledge of medical terminology and attention to detail, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Memorial Hospital in this role.
My extensive background in analyzing accounts, investigating discrepancies, identifying and resolving billing issues, and processing payments has prepared me to excel in this position. With a strong foundation in account review and past-due collection, my problem-solving and customer service abilities position me to thrive as your next Medical Billing Specialist.
Highlights of my background include:
- Prepared billing forms weekly for a Primary care clinic, processing over 500 payments a week.
- Electronically submitted claims through the use of software systems.
- Reviewed clients past due balances and sent to collections the ones that needed to go.
- Received and posted payments from clients, insurance companies, and organization accounts.
- Ran necessary reports weekly and monthly to maintain accuracy.
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame.
With successful experience in medical billing, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to maintaining accuracy, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Martin J. Hoover