Medical Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Assistants work in the healthcare industry and provide support to patients by delivering a variety of services. These professionals are responsible for maintaining medical histories, preparing patients for examination, completing various office procedures, answering to patient questions, adhering to safety rules, maintaining inventories, ordering supplies, and updating technical knowledge.
A successful cover letter sample for Medical Assistant puts emphasis on:
- Confidentiality and bedside manners
- Medical teamwork and problem solving orientation
- Infection control and attention to safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organizational and communication skills
- Customer focus and empathy
- Computer literacy and office equipment familiarity
An example cover letter for Medical Assistant showcasing similar qualifications is shown below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Taylor:
As a skilled and highly trained Medical Assistant with experience providing services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist River Bend Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From testing blood pressure and drawing blood to ordering and evaluating lab results and optimizing medical office operations, my experience in coordinating patient services and enhancing patient satisfaction positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with laboratory staff, and delivering comprehensive medical instructions to patients are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services to order and interpret lab tests and assist in delivering medication and treatment guidelines to patients.
- Communicating between doctors, pharmacists, and laboratory staff to ensure appropriate and necessary patient treatment plans.
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrating an unwavering commitment to advancing overall patient/client health.
With my hands-on experience supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to your practice. Additionally, my innate sense of advanced responsibility and flexibility will ensure my capacity as a key asset to your team. An opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in more detail would be most welcome; thank you for your consideration.