Media Planner Cover Letter
Media Planners work in the marketing and advertising industry and are responsible for optimizing promotional and advertising activities across multiple media channels. They may also be in charge with media buying or the two jobs can be separate. Typical job duties of a Media Planner include understanding customer needs, assessing the suitability of different media types for client objectives, analyzing information about different media channels, developing and recommending strategies, liaising with clients and the creative team, cultivating relationships with media owners, and evaluating promotional campaigns.
A well-written cover letter sample for Media Planner should mention the following skills and abilities:
- Training in advertising, communication, and business
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Presentation abilities and self-confidence
- Being able to work under pressure
- Analytical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
Relevant qualifications and experience for a Media Planner are mentioned in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Media Planner Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Judd:
Success in the world of media planning requires superb analytical skills, a visionary eye for the big picture, and outstanding communication and negotiation talents. With these attributes, coupled with more than seven years of excellent experience in media planning and high-level account management with TPMG, I am prepared to excel as Boomerang’s next Media Planner.
My expertise lies in performing deep research to identify the best methods for clients to advertise their products/services and drive business development and expansion while leveraging my expertise in a variety of multimedia production vehicles to propel market impact. Furthermore, I possess a keen ability to strategically evaluate user demographics to inform optimal media buys. My established talents in campaign management and best practices position me to make a significant contribution to your team.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Selected over peers to manage media planning for TPMG’s largest account—Coleman Media—and spearhead campaign strategy from start to finish; defined client requirements and project parameters, led team members in campaign development and digital collateral production, and presided over media recommendations, implementations, and executions.
- Instrumental in launching Coleman Media’s foray into the print magazine sector; realized an immediate jump in sales (~18% growth).
- Created, monitored, and executed B2B and B2C media plans for a variety of accounts, utilizing print, television, radio, and online media channels to accelerate brand awareness and revenue enhancement; managed multimillion-dollar campaign budgets and maximized ROI for client’s media spend.
- Researched, compiled, and maintained an exhaustive research database of target audience behaviors and media consumption trends for full agency use across clients, accounts, and industries.
- Built and sustained excellent working relationships with clients, partner agencies, and media vendors.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Rhode Island University; currently pursuing my MBA degree (expected 2018).
My proven success in achieving client marketing goals and revenue objectives, along with my comprehensive expertise in media planning and campaign management, will contribute immensely to the success of Boomerang. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Anna L. Helland