Mechanical Technician Cover Letter
Mechanical Technicians are responsible for servicing and repairing the machine equipment of their particular employer. Typical work activities include conducting diagnostic tests, recording test results, analyzing charts and graphs, reviewing project instructions, performing repairs using power tools and welding tools, analyzing the productivity of equipment and making suggestions to decision makers on increasing efficiency.
Below are some of the skills and qualifications typically contained in a Mechanical Technician cover letter.
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Manual dexterity
- Proficiency with diagnostic software
- Proficiency with CAD software
- Proficiency with power tools and welding tools
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of machinery specific to one’s industry
- Creative thinking
- Problem-solving skills
Below is a sample Mechanical Technician cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Smith,
Upon learning for your need of a Mechanical Technician, I am writing to submit my resume for consideration. As a Mechanical Technician with 3 years of experience servicing and repairing equipment for Moss Manufacturing and an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, I think I have the skills and experience necessary to make an impact at your organization.
My professional experience includes using diagnostic software to determine equipment effectiveness and then making various types of repairs using power tools and welding tools. I believe I’ve acquired everything I need to be an asset to Quest Manufacturing.
Below are my most relevant accomplishments and qualifications:
- Earned Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Developed unique and effective solutions to mechanical problems
- Performed simple fabrication and welding tasks on a regular basis
- Ensured all repairs made met company standards and followed company procedures
- Safely operated all power tools and welding tools
I think my ability to think creatively and my love for solving challenging problems makes me a great fit for this position. If you would like to schedule an interview, please give me a call at your earliest convenience.