Material Handler Cover Letter
Material Handlers coordinate the process of storing, moving, and distributing hazardous and non-hazardous materials. This job doesn’t require formal education, but extensive on-the-job training is usually provided. Common job duties of a Material Handler include: identifying items, packing and transporting materials, adhering to safety procedures, disposing of materials as regulated by law, using heavy equipment to move materials, and maintaining material records.
A reliable Material Handler should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Organization and planning
- Attention to safety
- Being able to follow instructions
- Deadline orientation
- Time management
- Data entry skills
- Attention to details
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
The Material Handler example cover letter displayed beneath showcases comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Material Handler Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Gordon:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Material Handler position you have available. As a detail-oriented and reliable professional with key experience transporting and storing a wide variety of inventory in warehouse environments while ensuring compliance to regulations, I possess the knowledge and skill set to allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes packing and unpacking goods, disposing of materials as necessary, loading orders onto pallets, and replenishing warehouse supplies while working collaboratively with peers and management to maximize productivity. Furthermore, I am adept at adhering to warehouse goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined operations and ensuring top-notch accuracy and efficiency.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Loading and unloading materials safely and efficiently by using various heavy machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment.
- Successfully packing more than 1,850 orders without incident as a Material Handler for Paulson Supply Co.
- Facilitating pick-up of various materials according to RF scanners’ instructions from scanned LPN labels.
- Efficiently packing boxes with goods through strategic arrangement of items to fit based on size, weight, and dimensions.
- Earning a reputation as an outstanding team player and leader; regularly commended by superiors for solid work ethic and dedication to excellence.
My proven ability to skillfully handle a wide array of materials, along with my strong skills in communication and problem solving, will contribute immensely to the success of your company.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kevin L. Delozier