Marketing Director Cover Letter
Marketing Directors sell products and services through their use of leadership skills, industry contacts, and their understanding of consumer behavior. Marketing Directors excel at analyzing research and developing marketing strategies in collaboration with both their clients and colleagues.
It is crucial that your cover letter is up to date and that it provides accurate information on your skills and relevant work experience. This is because employers do not know anything about you until they click on your cover letter, so you want to make sure that you stick out in their mind amidst the numerous cover letters that they will be reading when choosing the right applicant for the job.
Job descriptions for Marketing Director positions display responsibilities like:
- Coordinating the production of all marketing materials, videos, websites, and newsletters
- Managing corporate communication on results, strategies, and ongoing production
- Growing the dealer network through communication and the sales program
- Attending events to market products
A sample cover letter of a Marketing Director which provides a good example of the layout of the candidate’s skills and experiences relevant to this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Marketing Director resume samples.
Dear Ms. Flora Morales:
As a successful Marketing professional with broad experience leading start-up businesses, I am an extremely focused, driven, and results-oriented leader. Combining key strengths in relationship building, product/service representation, and the ability to perform in fast-paced, competitive environment, I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my experience in business development within a company such as yours, as Marketing Director.
I am a creative problem solver, with the ability to identify process gaps and implement proven sales and marketing solutions in order to drive revenue growth. I offer a successful background generating media and public interest through creation of brand identity, media campaigns, and client communications.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Identified a niche target market and proactively created a plan to increase dealer traffic through learning Spanish, resulting in 30% increase in sales and 60% increase in foot traffic.
- Designed and implemented innovative marketing plans including digital media, emails, and featured product communications, growing wholesale business from 0 to 40% of gross sales.
- Created and maintained company website, designed layout, updated content and product descriptions, promoted the company’s local food mission, and leveraged Google search engines to increase revenue.
- Reduced inventory loss by 75% through development of a “featured product” weekly email and monthly newsletter, often selling out of featured products within first hour of each market visit.
I believe my diverse skills are highly transferable to any industry. I have proven success stimulating revenue growth, expanding territories, and generating new revenue streams. Seeking to provide your company with the above services, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting and included my contact information above for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your call.