Manual Tester Cover Letter
The manual tester’s job is to test software for defects by accessing it as an end user would in order to see if there are any bugs within the system. Some of their duties include analyzing system requirement specification documents; developing test plans and test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing; and categorizing test cases based on their modularity, functionality, and priority.
Hiring managers look for manual tester candidates who highlight the following skills in their cover letters:
- Software engineering
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Analytical thinking
- Team collaboration
If you want to apply for a position as a manual tester, use the example cover letter below to inspire your own.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Spoth:
I am submitting my resume for the position of manual tester. As a skilled and highly educated professional with three years of experience testing web-based applications, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to Zorbo Technologies.
My professional experience includes developing and maintaining test methodologies and strategies, documenting test plans, and executing test cases using manuals, analyzed user requirements, and technical specifications. With my educational background and my attention to detail and performance, I am in an excellent position help Zorbo Technologies produce top-quality software products.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Experienced all phases of the software development life cycle and testing methodologies
- Reviewed business requirements, IT design documents, and prepared test plans that involved various test cases for all assigned modules and projects
- Developed a defects tracking log for the SharePoint site to track defects while testing
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created test cases, and reports
- Wrote SQL queries to check for proper data population in application tables and for data verification to perform back-end testing against Oracle Database
My extensive technical knowledge of software testing, review, and validation – along with my ability to work as part of a team and my keen attention to detail – will allow me to bring much value to Zorbo Technologies. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Miller T. McLaughlin