Manager Cover Letter
Managers have different roles depending on industry and organization. Specific responsibilities highlighted on a Manager resume include tracking expenses, allocating budgets, recruiting and training staff, maintaining office equipment, motivating and disciplining employees, adhering to health and safety policies, and attending industry events. Depending on organization, they may also be required to handle online communication.
A well-written sample cover letter for Manager emphasizes the following assets:
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Decision making and the ability to work under pressure
- Computer proficiency and specific software knowledge
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Strong communication and people skills
- Project management abilities
Similar skills can be seen in a Manager cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Peterson:
When I learned of Matdrill’s need for a Manager, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my previous experience in management roles overseeing business operations and staff, as well as my expertise in leading marketing and relationship management efforts, I feel confident that I can significantly benefit your organization in this position.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success. From overseeing profit and loss functions and directing payroll systems to spearheading staff development and implementing policies and processes designed to optimize efficiency and productivity, I excel at managing projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and exceeding corporate goals and objectives. My ability to define and meet internal goals, along with my communication and organizational strengths, position me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Directing day-to-day operations and staff recruitment / training functions for both start-up and established businesses, driving business success and goal achievement.
- Implementing strategic and cost-effective procedures to maximize profits and stimulate a high level of employee retention and customer satisfaction.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with staff, peers, community members, and customers to facilitate business growth and achieve success.
- Utilizing superior time management, interpersonal, and presentation skills to propel companies to peak results.
My skills in staff and operations management, project development, and business leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.