Makeup Artist Cover Letter
Makeup Artists help clients improve their appearance. These professionals may work with models and performers who appear in front of cameras or an audience. A resume for Makeup Artists mentions the following responsibilities: discussing requirements with clients, recommending makeup ideas, collaborating with hairstylists, taking photos for reference, and using accessories. Besides updating their cosmetology and makeup knowledge, Makeup Artists should also keep equipment and work areas clean and tidy.
Those interested in a Makeup Artist career should showcase the following qualifications in their cover letters:
- Cosmetology expertise
- An understanding of current fashion
- Knowledge of makeup techniques
- Creativity and talent
- Problem-solving orientation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly personality
- Self-promotion abilities
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting resembling competences.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Makeup Artist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Romero:
Upon learning of Red Camelot’s posting for a Makeup Artist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly skilled and enthusiastic professional with impressive experience providing makeup artistry and services to customers, models, and performers, I am confident that I could make a significant impact at your company.
My background lies in providing outstanding service and satisfaction within the fashion, film, and music industries, as well as in general retail business environments. In my previous positions, my service level to high-end clients has resulted in a generous repeat and referral customer base. With my excellent communication skills and my sharp eye for detail, I am excited to extend my record of exceptional makeup artistry to your company and ensure optimal client experiences.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Presenting and selling Estee Lauder products at Nordstrom, performing customer makeovers and leveraging deep understanding of makeup color, tone, and shade to accelerate product sales and subsequent revenue growth.
- Providing comprehensive makeup services to individuals preparing for stage, photo, or film appearances—including professional singers, advertising models, theater performers, and TV actors.
- Building rewarding relationships with clients through expert product knowledge, application dexterity, and overall friendly and approachable nature.
- Collaborating with peers and different teams to generate positive and productive environments.
With my extensive roster of professional client engagements, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.