Maintenance Engineer Cover Letter
Maintenance Engineers are employed by manufacturing units and are responsible for maintaining engineering equipment. Specific responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer are completing scheduled maintenance, solving breakdowns, performing repairs, supervising technical staff, preparing budgets, adhering to health and safety legislation, ordering supplies, carrying out inspections, controlling maintenance costs, creating maintenance strategies, and finding ways to reduce costs.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Maintenance Engineer, essential job skills include:
- Training in mechanical and manufacturing engineering
• Being able to process complex information
• Problem-solving skills
• Staff management abilities
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Attention to details and accuracy
• Computer proficiency
Comparable Maintenance Engineer skills and abilities are visible in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Maintenance Engineer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Maintenance Engineer, check out our more complete Maintenance Engineer Job Description.
Dear Mr. Bailey:
When I learned of your search for a new Maintenance Engineer, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. With more than 16 years of experience performing comprehensive system and equipment maintenance and repairs, I believe I would make an immediate and positive impact on your facility in this position.
My background includes longstanding leadership roles throughout my career, identifying and resolving mechanical, electrical, and controls issues to ensure full 24-hour plant performances. From inspecting boilers and cooling systems to training and guiding maintenance technicians, I have proven success in overseeing general plant functionality, and I am committed to ensuring that facilities’ systems and equipment remain safe and in solid working condition.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Supervising teams of up to 12 employees in performing all facets of system/equipment installation, maintenance, and repairs as a Maintenance Engineer with AUP Systems, Inc. and Coleman Distributors, respectively.
- Cutting mechanical delays at AUP Systems, Inc. by 13% to meet plant goals in 2008.
- Supervising repairs, conducting inspections, verifying equipment, delegating tasks, and ensuring adherence to safety guidelines and regulations.
- Continually applying knowledge of best practices and continuous improvement skills while coaching staff in root-cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Demonstrating superior communication, time management, problem solving, and organization abilities.
With my previous experience in overseeing systems and equipment maintenance and repair activities, coupled with my professionalism and dependability, I believe I could swiftly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Harold H. Thompson