Mailroom Clerk Cover Letter
Mailroom Clerks are in charge with sorting and distributing mail in an organization. Essential work activities seen on a Mailroom Clerk resume include receiving incoming mail, loading envelopes and packages on delivery carts, updating mail records, handing in mail to the appropriate recipients, doing data entry work, collecting outgoing mail and taking it to the post office, assisting with payroll checks, applying labels to packages, and operating mail processing machines.
Those interested in a Mailroom Clerk position should be able to demonstrate the following job skills:
- Organization and planning
- A meticulous approach to work
- Reliability and confidentiality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Computer competencies
Relevant abilities and qualifications can be seen in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mailroom Clerk Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Barger:
When I read of Spellman College’s search for a new Mailroom Clerk, I was eager to send you my resume for your review. As a detail-oriented, organized, and personable individual prepared to excel in providing comprehensive mailroom coordination and support, I am ready to make a positive impact on your college in this position.
My background includes excellent work-study experience in the mailroom of the University of Louisiana, where I provided overarching assistance in sorting, processing, and routing mail and packages with a deadline-driven environment. With my proven ability to effeciently and accurately receive and deliver a variety of incoming mail, along with my excellent oral and written communication skills, I offer you my commitment to driving Spellman’s mailroom success.
My relevant experience includes…
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing correspondence distribution for a campus of 9,800+ faculty, staff, and students; sorting mail, opening and stuffing envelopes, weighing shipments to determine correct postage, and arranging for timely mail pickup.
- Assisting with special mailroom projects including promotional materials, course catalogs, and event flyers.
- Providing general administrative support in areas such as filing, supply management, and peer training.
- Balancing multiple responsibilities while demonstrating top-notch organization, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
My abilities in mailroom support are strong, and I am confident I can make a solid contribution through this position at Spellman College. The opportunity to discuss this job and my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
George B. Blackwell