Litigation Associate Cover Letter
Litigation Associates provide comprehensive legal support and service to their clients, offering legal advice as well as representing them in court. Expertise in drafting motions and briefs, defending clients at deposition, performing deep research, and preparing legal memoranda are all requirements for success in this role, as are superior organization and communication skills.
The following types of skills and strengths are beneficial to include in a cover letter for this role:
- Legal documents and research
- Courtroom proceedings and motions
- Plaintiff deposition
- Mediations and arbitration
- Pleadings, appeals, and discovery requests/responses
- Client representation
- Client relationship management
Please find below a sample cover letter for a Litigation Associate mentioning relevant qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Litigation Associate Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Epperson:
As an accomplished and skilled attorney with comprehensive experience in legal research, analysis, negotiation, and representation, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Jefferson, Daker, and Parkerton, LLP to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Litigation Association position.
Currently, I provide extensive general practice legal services as a solo practitioner, specializing in a variety of areas including real estate, tax law, estate planning, personal injury, insurance, and bankruptcy claims. My demonstrated success in advising clients on optimal legal planning and strategies—along with my expertise in all aspects of motion practice—positions me to make a significant impact on your firm.
My qualifications include the following:
- Serving as an attorney for the past 12 years, acquiring expertise in conducting depositions, preparing motions, drafting pleadings, preparing memoranda, and representing clients.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating contracts, appeals, and a broad range of legal documents for multiple client types while effectively interpreting laws, rules, and regulations and analyzing probable outcomes.
- Representing clients in court and demonstrating proficiency in all civil and contract trial proceedings.
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and provide an excellent level of service.
- Holding a JD degree from the Texas State University Law School; licensed to practice law in the states of Texas, Nevada, and New Mexico.
With my background in providing overarching legal assistance to a wide variety of clients—combined with my inherent understanding of legal contracts, negotiations, and proceedings—I am ready to provide outstanding service within your firm as your next Litigation Associate. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Harvey D. Armstrong