Library Assistant Cover Letter
Library Assistants ensure the smooth running of daily operations in a library. These employees usually work in public libraries and handle materials such as books, magazines, journals, leaflets, videos, and computer databases. Their work includes helping users locate the materials they need, identifying damaged items, maintaining databases, taking phone calls, answering to client inquiries, cataloguing new materials, and replacing returned items.
A sample cover letter for Library Assistant should highlight the following qualifications:
- A keen interest in books and reading
- Literature knowledge
- Customer service orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Teamworking skills
- The ability to work without supervision
- Attention to details
- Good numeracy skills and organization
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter presenting comparable Library Assistant skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Library Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Perez:
Upon review of your posting for a Library Assistant, I was eager to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a skilled and enthusiastic professional with more than 5 years of experience in library services, I feel confident of my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in supporting a broad range of library responsibilities and public services prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my successful history of assisting library users in research efforts, information acquisition, and materials location—along with my superior ability to provide comprehensive support to library management staff—I am ready to extend my record of excellence with your library.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Offering key support in various library operational areas such as reference desk support, circulation, cataloguing, interlibrary loans, bibliographic support, correspondence, and issue resolution.
- Utilizing advanced information technology resources including internal / external databases, digital libraries, remote-access information sources, and the Internet to facilitate library user research, data acquisition, and materials location.
- Organized, analytical, and personable with an outstanding reputation for excellent team collaboration.
- Demonstrating a lifelong love of reading; Associate’s Degree in Information Services and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Literature.
With my solid knowledge of library services and support, combined with my passion for the wealth of information and learning potential that libraries have to offer, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Stephen R. Cochran