Librarian Cover Letter
Librarians manage resources meeting the needs of a community or an educational institution. Examples of Librarian duties include managing budgets, tracking expenses, updating their knowledge of new resources, organizing books and magazines, maintaining stocks, understanding community needs, using ICT to deliver services to the public, and serving groups at risks. They often collaborate with educational services providers to develop initiatives aimed at the community.
Those looking to work as Librarians should showcase in their sample cover letter the following abilities:
- ICT proficiency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Listening abilities
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Deadline orientation
- Good presentation abilities
- Organizational skills
Below is provided a cover letter example for Librarian emphasizing similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Librarian Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Rogers:
Upon review of your posting for a Librarian, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a skilled and educated professional with more than 11 years of experience in library services, I feel confident of my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in supporting a broad range of library responsibilities and public services prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my successful history of assisting library users in research efforts, information acquisition, and materials location—along with my superior interpersonal and organization skills—I am ready to extend my record of excellence with Ridley Point Public Library.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Earning an MSLS degree in 2013 from the University of Washington.
- Providing comprehensive support in various library service areas such as reference desk support, circulation, collection development, interlibrary loans, bibliographic support, and library instruction.
- Utilizing advanced information technology resources including internal / external databases, digital libraries, remote-access information sources, and the Internet to facilitate library user research, data acquisition, and materials location.
- Organized, analytical, and personable with an outstanding reputation for excellent team collaboration and leadership.
With my solid knowledge of library services and support, combined with my passion for the wealth of information and learning potential that libraries have to offer, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Belinda T. Ingram