Legal Receptionist Cover Letter
Legal Receptionists are employed by law firms and are mainly responsible for managing front desk activities. Examples of Legal Receptionist tasks include greeting guests, taking phone calls, handling correspondence, answering emails, ordering office supplies, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, drafting contracts, and answering to client inquiries. Some legal receptionists may also provide support to attorneys with the preparation and management of case files.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letters:
- Basic legal knowledge
- An eye for details
- Telephone etiquette
- Organization and planning
- Being able to work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer competences
- Writing skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
The cover letter example provided below mentions comparable Legal Receptionist skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Legal Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Bergeron:
Upon learning of your firm’s search for a new Legal Receptionist, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly organized and efficient professional with nearly nine years of legal reception and clerical support experience, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to Martin, McNeil, and Padden’s goals and objectives.
My background includes providing key office support while greeting and scheduling clients and maximizing efficiency and productivity. From managing multi-line phone systems and completing legal paperwork to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding client service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, maintaining complex filing systems, and encouraging effective organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing diverse administrative responsibilities for the past nine years in support of six attorneys and two paralegals with Blakely & Livern—including reception, correspondence, document filing, and appointment setting—while ensuring optimal firm efficiency and client service.
- Preparing, filing, and maintaining legal documents such as pleadings, motions, and pretrial agreements with the Burlington City Court.
- Possessing an extensive knowledge of basic legal terminology.
- Demonstrating steadfast commitment to providing excellent support within fast-paced environments while streamlining operations and achieving firm success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in general administration and legal reception position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Margaret C. Higa