Legal Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Legal Administrative Assistants provide support to lawyers with daily operations and clerical duties. These employees need to be knowledgeable of multiple law practices and be efficient secretaries at the same time. Examples of job duties of a Legal Administrative Assistant include greeting visitors, answering phone calls, preparing legal documents, updating records and databases, preparing case files, interviewing clients to develop cases, informing clients on case progress, and liaising with the opposing counsel.
Based on our selection of sample cover letters for Legal Administrative Assistants, essential job requirements include:
- Administrative experience
- Knowledge of law procedures and legal terminology
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter demonstrating similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Legal Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Stott:
Upon learning of your need for a new Legal Administrative Assistant, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized administrative professional with more than 14 years of experience providing comprehensive clerical support within fast-paced law firms, I am confident that I would be an immediate and valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of excellent experience overseeing administrative and operational functions for senior attorneys. From conducting research and managing schedules to answering phone calls and greeting clients, I am adept at performing overarching tasks to ensure smooth and seamless office functionality. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal law firm efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing business calendars, contact lists, correspondence, travel arrangements, expense reports, statement reconciliation, and appointment scheduling for three senior counsel attorneys.
- Assisted in preparing legal documents for attorneys specializing in various legal areas including corporate, estate planning, real estate, and tax law.
- Boosted efficiency by introducing a new legal copy review filing system, enabling attorneys to access files much more quickly.
- Helping to plan and organize special events such as holiday parties, high-level client functions, and an internal United Way Campaign.
- Delivering an exceptional level of service and support while consistently completing work ahead of schedule to propel firm productivity and enhance client satisfaction.
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven atmospheres while providing top-level interpersonal skills and maintaining strict attention to detail.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative support to busy law firms, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your legal team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Ruth J. Pugh