Lead Teacher Cover Letter
Lead Teachers act as the “managers” of child care facility classrooms, supervising assistant teachers in their duties while planning and overseeing daily activities, projects, and curriculum to stimulate children’s learning and support their social/emotional development. An in-depth understanding of early childhood development is an asset in this position, as is a patient, calm, and approachable demeanor.
Successful cover letters for Lead Teachers reflect the following types of skills and areas of strength:
- Curriculum development/activity planning
- Materials preparation
- Supervision of children and teachers
- Teacher training and coaching
- Positive behavior reinforcement
- Parent relationship management
- Individual child assessments
- Reports and activity logs
Following is a sample cover letter for a Lead Teacher demonstrating comparable abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lead Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Raulston:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Lead Teacher position you are seeing to fill. As an accomplished, caring, and successful teacher with more than 10 years of experience with reputable child care facilities, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will enable me to drive the success of the Rainbow Room Daycare Center.
My expertise lies in planning dynamic learning opportunities and projects, supervising children, and providing general oversight to assistant teachers while always maintaining a sharp focus on optimizing children’s experiences. Through my experience, I have become adept at assessing children’s emotional and social development using my keen observation skills and my knowledge of early childhood development milestones. My additional abilities in positive reinforcement, curriculum development, and parent relationship-building positions me to make a significant contribution to your establishment
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling in my most recent position as Lead Teacher with Brightside Child Care, teaching students from ages 2-5 in play, creative expression, socially acceptable behaviors, and emotional wellness.
- Planning a daily curriculum for 25 children with varying developmental needs, maintaining activity logs, child assessments, and behavior/incident reports.
- Working collaboratively with fellow teachers and assistants while training, coaching, and supervising them to assume greater responsibilities and improve the quality of care.
- Communicating engagingly with parents to discuss the day’s activities, special student needs or concerns, and any schedule or policy updates.
- Completing 60 hours of STARS training (childcare certification).
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development from Montana State University in 2010.
My proven dedication to optimizing children’s experiences in childcare facilities, along with my acute ability to excel within compassionate child-centered environments, will contribute immensely to the success of the Rainbow Room Daycare Center. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kayleigh T. Hoyt