Lawyer Cover Letter
Lawyers provide legal advice and represent their clients in court. Lawyer responsibilities depend on client needs and on the area of law they are specialized in. Not all lawyers visit the inside of a court room frequently. Typical duties of a Lawyer include: preparing for court hearings, performing research, interviewing clients and witnesses, writing legal documents, negotiating in order to prevent cases from ending up in court, analyzing legal documents, and settling disputes.
Based on our selection of cover letter examples for Lawyer, the most important skills include:
- Excellent knowledge of law
- Debating and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Self-confidence and perseverance
- Computer competences
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
Below is provided a cover letter highlighting similar Lawyer abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lawyer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Kelber:
As an accomplished and skilled lawyer with comprehensive experience in providing legal negotiation and representation to a diverse client base, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite your firm to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill your opening for a lawyer.
With more than 17 years of experience providing extensive general legal services and advice— specializing in a variety of areas including corporate law, real estate, tax law, estate planning, and bankruptcy claims—I am sure to make an immediate and positive contribution to your legal team. My demonstrated success in advising both individual and corporate clients on optimal legal planning and strategies positions me to make a significant impact on your firm.
My qualifications include the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating broad range of legal cases for multiple client types while effectively interpreting laws, rules, and regulations and analyzing probable outcomes.
- Representing clients in court and demonstrating proficiency in all civil and contract trial proceedings.
- Writing and revising a wide variety of motions, affidavits, interrogatories, and contracts, negotiating with other parties and signing settlement agreements as appropriate.
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and provide an excellent level of service.
With my background in providing overarching legal advisory services to a wide variety of clients—combined with my inherent understanding of legal contracts, negotiations, and proceedings—I am ready to provide outstanding service within your firm. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Sara W. Rounds