Language Teacher Cover Letter
Language Teachers teach students of various ages and levels how to speak and write foreign languages. These professionals also transmit information related to foreign cultures and play a vital role in cross-cultural studies. Typical work duties of a Language Teacher include delivering lessons, preparing lesson materials, adapting the curriculum to the needs of various students, organizing instructional activities, encouraging students to speak in foreign languages, assigning work, grading tests, and monitoring student performance.
Cover letter samples for Language Teacher showcase skills and abilities like:
- Foreign language fluency
- Instructional skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Classroom management
- Being able to motivate students
- Good listening skills
- Flexibility and knowledge of new teaching methods
- Being able to work under pressure
Comparable experience and skills can be seen in the cover letter example displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Language Teacher Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Marston:
As a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with key experience instructing students in German grammar and vocabulary to encourage language retention and eventual fluency, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education and the German language positions me to significantly impact your school as your next Language Teacher.
My background spans more than 10 years of experience planning, leading, and continually improving language programs to achieve measurable language progression. By teaching students from a wide range of backgrounds and learning styles, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. Additionally, my inherent passion for French language and culture has fostered exciting and engaging classes and has successfully encouraged and developed thoughtful and enthusiastic students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for Germany and the German culture.
- Employing a wide array of instructional techniques, instructional media, and technological tools—including hand-outs, presentations, videos, online activities, and foreign language laboratory assignments—to facilitate improved language abilities.
- Successfully improving students’ grammar and vocabulary levels through written and interactive activities; providing extra support to high-performing students to facilitate induction into the German Honors Society.
- Incorporating school philosophies, regulations, and learning assessments into lessons while ensuring allowance for creativity and flexibility.
- Possessing a Bachelor’s degree in German Language Arts as well as current California teaching credentials.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning and exceed your expectations as your next Language Teacher. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Alfred A. Schmidt